Infection / Destruction / Hope

The 3rd and final Morningstar Saga book, SURVIVORS, is now available for pre-order here!

The Morningstar Saga
Register  |   |   |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
John_Brian_K

Avatar / Picture

Post-Accumulating Whore
Registered:
Posts: 2,750
Reply with quote  #1 

Alright people I have no idea where I am going with this story, but someone on here gave me the idea with their story including the Punisher so here it is.  well at least the beginning anyway.

 

 

There is absolutely nothing fun about what I do.  I have to deal with guts and gore every fucking day of my life.  I have to.  It is my mission.  No one gave it to me.  I decided my fate, but I am not sure if anyone in my position could choose to do anything else.  The old me would have said fuck it, but there are not a lot of people like me.  There are not many people period.  The old me would have holed up in one of my many palatial palaces with protection galore and women clamoring at my feet even more so than before all of this.

“Going out again today sir?”  Leopold asked as I walked by to take a piss.

“What do you think Leo?  When was the last time I took a day off?”  I didn’t mean to sound like a dick, but this shit is really starting to get to me.

“You really should take a day or 2 off sir.  It is good for the soul.”  He added.

“Good for the soul?  Are you fucking kidding me Leo?  We have been over this many times.  There is nothing ‘good for the soul’ left on this planet.”  I never felt guilt at swearing at him he was one of the very few people that could understand my personality.  Every once in a while I felt a little shame because he is 30 years older than me, but never guilt.  He wasn’t built like that.  I never got a lecture and he has never so much as looked at me funny when I did lose it a little.

“Ahh sir, but I think you underestimate your contribution to the fight.  You give hope to many people.”

That really was one of the better things I have done.  If I had not set up that broadcast no one would have any idea what I was doing.  I was not in it for the fame this time, but I felt like they needed a reason to fight.  I was hoping word of my involvement was what they needed.  Apparently I was right.  I didn’t hear as much about mass suicides or people simply giving up.  Maybe what I was doing gave them hope for a life after all this.

I am talking about the communication tower I had constructed during the first wave of infection.  I had the main communication tower constructed in the middle of my complex and during a 2 day expedition I retrofit the surrounding radio towers to accept my signal and also made sure power would remain on for the next…oh…. 500 years or so.  It is not hard when you hold the key to power in your head.

Every day when I get back home I broadcast how many I killed and what I saw as I flew over head.  Kind of a daily zombie report if you will.  I would tell people where I saw a store that had supplies or where to avoid because the ground was thick with them in those areas.

“What do you say sir?  How about a day off?”  Leopold said breaking me out of my thoughts and bringing me back to reality.

Reality.  That is really what decided my day.  That one single word.  It was the reality and until I extinguished every single one of the fuckers it was my reality day in and day out.

“Not today Leo.”  I said thinking of my promise to myself.

“According to my calculations I will not be taking a day off for about 30 years and that is if everything goes according to plan.  I really wish I had the resources to build a couple more of these things so I could train other people on how to use it and give me that day off.  I might even have been able to get you in a suit.”  I said while laughing.

“Not me sir.  I am past my prime.”  Leopold said smirking at me.

“Well in any case get things ready for me to go will you?  The mood I am in today may just keep me out all night.”

“That is definitely the opposite of what I tried to accomplish.”  Leopold said with a frown as he walked away.

 

And off I went to take a quick piss before I went out smashed as many fucking zombies as I could before I was too tired to go on.

 

At first I tried thinking logically on where to cut them down.  I would think if I could clear a certain area it would help the people in that area take back their land, but either I am an idiot or there are way, and I mean way, more zombies than people left.  Every time I cleared an area it got re infected with more than I dispatched.  Finally I just decided to fly around until I was ready to take them on.

 

Sometimes that was a matter of minutes and other times I would fly for hours until I cleared my head enough to do it.

 

This day was pretty quick.  After I got the suit on and gave departing words to Leo I was in the air and ready to take on the first group I saw which happened to be a group walking the streets on New York of course.

 

Now I had set up noise makers all over.  I had 30 in the New York area alone.  I figured it was worth it to spend the 2 months or so it took to make them and install them all over the North Eastern United States.  The idea was to get as many together as possible to save time.  This little group was nowhere near one of my noise makers and they pissed me off at the site of them.  I didnt spend long on my calculations, but the mere presence of them nowhere near one of my noise makers seemed like a personal affront to me.  Like the zombies are thinking "Hey we know you put those noise makers up but we dont give a fuck.  You are not going to heard us!"  Of course this idea was ridiculous.  They didnt think.  Most likely their ears are not working anymore.  Maybe they got tore off by a bird and they cannot hear shit anymore.  Either way the still pissed me off.

 

New York!  I had managed to clear Long Island in a little over a year and have been trying to get things in order to help repopulate this area, but it has been slow going because of New York.  Over 7,000,000.00 people in this area and I have the Atlantic Ocean and the East River to help keep them out, but New York on the main land is just too much sometimes.  I frequently just flew over this area and tried less populated areas so I could feel like I was accomplishing something.  After all dispatching a town like Marietta or Elkins I could get done in a week or 2, but New York just felt like a never ending fucking fight.

 

So I lean a little left and start my descent.  It only takes me a couple seconds to reach their position.  With a quick twitch of my wrist I speed up.  Going over 200 MPH now I head right at the group.  I will not take them all out, but I will get more this way than if I come in slow. 

Fuckers ears are working fine.  I am about 200 yards from them when a couple of them turn towards me.  They see me flying in and as usual they kind of stand there staring for a second.  They are not sure if I am food or not.  They turn as a group in my direction and I run right through the middle of them.  About 9 of them go flying in about 100 different directions.  Hopefully there are no crawlers to deal with.  I make a quick turn towards the sky and twist around so I am now facing the group.  I slow down enough to make a hard landing breaking the concrete and they turn in my direction again.  About 20 left and thankfully there are non left alive from the ones I slammed into.

I guess this time they do think food because they all come at me.  They always do.  I am not sure how many red and gold humans they come into contact with, but hell they may not even have eyes left.  They may just be reacting to extinct which in their case is to move towards sound because there must be food there.  I start walking towards them to make it quicker.  I rear back with my right arm just as the first 2 reach me and slam my arm right at their heads.  Both come off with ease and go flying hitting the ground about 40 feet away and coming to a rest about 50 feet away.  Talk about a bitch slap!  And this is the cool part.  The others keep coming.  I rear back my left hand and dispatch another 3 that way.  I raise both arms over my head and bring both fists down on the next 2 in line and flatten them like pancakes on the hot pavement.  They ooze brown/black sticky looking fluid all over the pavement.  Unfortunately the next ones in line are a couple yards back or I could have come up with both arms sending a few of them flying.  I step forward and grab one by the head.  I squeeze and his head pops like a watermelon.  Poor guy.  He looked like he was probably a banker in his former life.  His suit was in shreds and he was missing half his jaw.  I looked at the 10 or so left in front of me and sighed.  I started up my hand mounted photon beam and took aim.  I fired and made a sweeping motion with my right arm disintegrating the remaining 9.  I wish that thing didn’t take up so much energy or I could use it all the time.  As it is I will have to wait another 10 minutes before it is charged enough to use again.

 

I hope I won’t need it.


__________________
====
JBK
Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18 AM
========================
"Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Voodoo. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
ZombieHobbit

Avatar / Picture

Veteran
Registered:
Posts: 479
Reply with quote  #2 

I am not a big Superhero fan, but that was pretty damn good. I think it's worthy of a series.

__________________
(In my defense, I had Chinese for lunch, and now I feel sluggish and content. And they barely screamed when I put them in the wok, which was a pleasant change of pace.) - Z
JamesMSA

Avatar / Picture

Grizzly Spitter
Registered:
Posts: 780
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Brian_K

Alright people I have no idea where I am going with this story, but someone on here gave me the idea with their story including the Punisher so here it is.  well at least the beginning anyway.

 

 

There is absolutely nothing fun about what I do.  I have to deal with guts and gore every fucking day of my life.  I have to.  It is my mission.  No one gave it to me.  I decided my fate, but I am not sure if anyone in my position could choose to do anything else.  The old me would have said fuck it, but there are not a lot of people like me.  There are not many people period.  The old me would have holed up in one of my many palatial palaces with protection galore and women clamoring at my feet even more so than before all of this.

“Going out again today sir?”  Leopold asked as I walked by to take a piss.

“What do you think Leo?  When was the last time I took a day off?”  I didn’t mean to sound like a dick, but this shit is really starting to get to me.

“You really should take a day or 2 off sir.  It is good for the soul.”  He added.

“Good for the soul?  Are you fucking kidding me Leo?  We have been over this many times.  There is nothing ‘good for the soul’ left on this planet.”  I never felt guilt at swearing at him he was one of the very few people that could understand my personality.  Every once in a while I felt a little shame because he is 30 years older than me, but never guilt.  He wasn’t built like that.  I never got a lecture and he has never so much as looked at me funny when I did lose it a little.

“Ahh sir, but I think you underestimate your contribution to the fight.  You give hope to many people.”

That really was one of the better things I have done.  If I had not set up that broadcast no one would have any idea what I was doing.  I was not in it for the fame this time, but I felt like they needed a reason to fight.  I was hoping word of my involvement was what they needed.  Apparently I was right.  I didn’t hear as much about mass suicides or people simply giving up.  Maybe what I was doing gave them hope for a life after all this.

I am talking about the communication tower I had constructed during the first wave of infection.  I had the main communication tower constructed in the middle of my complex and during a 2 day expedition I retrofit the surrounding radio towers to accept my signal and also made sure power would remain on for the next…oh…. 500 years or so.  It is not hard when you hold the key to power in your head.

Every day when I get back home I broadcast how many I killed and what I saw as I flew over head.  Kind of a daily zombie report if you will.  I would tell people where I saw a store that had supplies or where to avoid because the ground was thick with them in those areas.

“What do you say sir?  How about a day off?”  Leopold said breaking me out of my thoughts and bringing me back to reality.

Reality.  That is really what decided my day.  That one single word.  It was the reality and until I extinguished every single one of the fuckers it was my reality day in and day out.

“Not today Leo.”  I said thinking of my promise to myself.

“According to my calculations I will not be taking a day off for about 30 years and that is if everything goes according to plan.  I really wish I had the resources to build a couple more of these things so I could train other people on how to use it and give me that day off.  I might even have been able to get you in a suit.”  I said while laughing.

“Not me sir.  I am past my prime.”  Leopold said smirking at me.

“Well in any case get things ready for me to go will you?  The mood I am in today may just keep me out all night.”

“That is definitely the opposite of what I tried to accomplish.”  Leopold said with a frown as he walked away.

 

And off I went to take a quick piss before I went out smashed as many fucking zombies as I could before I was too tired to go on.

 

At first I tried thinking logically on where to cut them down.  I would think if I could clear a certain area it would help the people in that area take back their land, but either I am an idiot or there are way, and I mean way, more zombies than people left.  Every time I cleared an area it got re infected with more than I dispatched.  Finally I just decided to fly around until I was ready to take them on.

 

Sometimes that was a matter of minutes and other times I would fly for hours until I cleared my head enough to do it.

 

This day was pretty quick.  After I got the suit on and gave departing words to Leo I was in the air and ready to take on the first group I saw which happened to be a group walking the streets on New York of course.

 

Now I had set up noise makers all over.  I had 30 in the New York area alone.  I figured it was worth it to spend the 2 months or so it took to make them and install them all over the North Eastern United States.  The idea was to get as many together as possible to save time.  This little group was nowhere near one of my noise makers and they pissed me off at the site of them.  I didnt spend long on my calculations, but the mere presence of them nowhere near one of my noise makers seemed like a personal affront to me.  Like the zombies are thinking "Hey we know you put those noise makers up but we dont give a fuck.  You are not going to heard us!"  Of course this idea was ridiculous.  They didnt think.  Most likely their ears are not working anymore.  Maybe they got tore off by a bird and they cannot hear shit anymore.  Either way the still pissed me off.

 

New York!  I had managed to clear Long Island in a little over a year and have been trying to get things in order to help repopulate this area, but it has been slow going because of New York.  Over 7,000,000.00 people in this area and I have the Atlantic Ocean and the East River to help keep them out, but New York on the main land is just too much sometimes.  I frequently just flew over this area and tried less populated areas so I could feel like I was accomplishing something.  After all dispatching a town like Marietta or Elkins I could get done in a week or 2, but New York just felt like a never ending fucking fight.

 

So I lean a little left and start my descent.  It only takes me a couple seconds to reach their position.  With a quick twitch of my wrist I speed up.  Going over 200 MPH now I head right at the group.  I will not take them all out, but I will get more this way than if I come in slow. 

Fuckers ears are working fine.  I am about 200 yards from them when a couple of them turn towards me.  They see me flying in and as usual they kind of stand there staring for a second.  They are not sure if I am food or not.  They turn as a group in my direction and I run right through the middle of them.  About 9 of them go flying in about 100 different directions.  Hopefully there are no crawlers to deal with.  I make a quick turn towards the sky and twist around so I am now facing the group.  I slow down enough to make a hard landing breaking the concrete and they turn in my direction again.  About 20 left and thankfully there are non left alive from the ones I slammed into.

I guess this time they do think food because they all come at me.  They always do.  I am not sure how many red and gold humans they come into contact with, but hell they may not even have eyes left.  They may just be reacting to extinct which in their case is to move towards sound because there must be food there.  I start walking towards them to make it quicker.  I rear back with my right arm just as the first 2 reach me and slam my arm right at their heads.  Both come off with ease and go flying hitting the ground about 40 feet away and coming to a rest about 50 feet away.  Talk about a bitch slap!  And this is the cool part.  The others keep coming.  I rear back my left hand and dispatch another 3 that way.  I raise both arms over my head and bring both fists down on the next 2 in line and flatten them like pancakes on the hot pavement.  They ooze brown/black sticky looking fluid all over the pavement.  Unfortunately the next ones in line are a couple yards back or I could have come up with both arms sending a few of them flying.  I step forward and grab one by the head.  I squeeze and his head pops like a watermelon.  Poor guy.  He looked like he was probably a banker in his former life.  His suit was in shreds and he was missing half his jaw.  I looked at the 10 or so left in front of me and sighed.  I started up my hand mounted photon beam and took aim.  I fired and made a sweeping motion with my right arm disintegrating the remaining 9.  I wish that thing didn’t take up so much energy or I could use it all the time.  As it is I will have to wait another 10 minutes before it is charged enough to use again.

 

I hope I won’t need it.

I think I remember seeing a story from mexican zombie hunter with the punisher in it. I could be wrong!


__________________
I'm a beast. That's all there is to say. You can't fade me. I drop noobs and EMP's like your mom's toilet seat so your pops won't know I was there. I'll flashbang/jumpshot/tac-knife your camping ass then tea-bag your twitching body as I call in an airstrike. My kills are sick. Don't even bother watching the kill-cam unless you're a CIA code-breaker and proctologist cause it takes a genius to figure out my s**t. No matter what type of player you are, you don't stand a chance. I'll fade your punk ass then go upstairs and bang your sister
John_Brian_K

Avatar / Picture

Post-Accumulating Whore
Registered:
Posts: 2,750
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMSA

I think I remember seeing a story from mexican zombie hunter with the punisher in it. I could be wrong!

Oh yeah there is that is what motivated me to try Iron Man on for size.  I have some really fucked up ideas to go with this.  This first part is just kind of an introduction.

Like many here I usually start a little story then when it gets hard I quit!

lol


__________________
====
JBK
Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18 AM
========================
"Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Voodoo. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
Killerbob101

Veteran
Registered:
Posts: 664
Reply with quote  #5 
I liked It!

__________________
Zombie Movie List
http://roberthood.net/blog/index.php/zombie-movie-listing/#2000
John_Brian_K

Avatar / Picture

Post-Accumulating Whore
Registered:
Posts: 2,750
Reply with quote  #6 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerbob101
I liked It!

Thanks.

And BTW:  Z when you get a chance to look at this even though I am going to try and base it off your idea of the zombies etc.  I think I should have put this in regular fiction instead of Morningstar Fiction.  I doubt Iron Man will show up in your universe.

lol

=============================================

“Do you think he could be cracking?”  Leopold asked Pepper.

“I have known Tony for a long time Leo.  I have had my hand buried in his chest helping him upgrade his power supply.  He actually cracked jokes while we did it and I think he may have even had a mild heart attack. “  She looked at him with a look of real concern.

“Yes there is a chance he is cracking.”  She added.

“But you just said..”  Leopold started.

Pepper cut him short.  “Yeah I know, but I mentioned the power supply to give you an idea of how concerned I am for him.  To be honest I am concerned for everyone here not only Tony.”

Pepper was referring to the 268 other people that live in the complex.

“They have everything they had before the outbreak even more, but the stress and strain of living basically in a prison is starting to show in the eyes of a few people.”

“You are talking about Max right?”  Leopold asked.

“Not only Max.  I think everyone has been seeing it in his eyes for months now.  I am surprised he has not cracked yet.  No, I am talking about people like Susan and even Jeff seems to have a strange look in his eye lately.”

“Jeff?”  Leopold looked shocked.

“Yes Jeff.  He was on garden duty yesterday and I ran into him when I decided to take a walk around the grounds to clear my head.  He had a shovel in his hand, a blank look on his face and he was staring at the sky.  I stopped and watched him for a few moments and he didn’t move.  He just kept his head aimed at the sky.  Finally I couldn’t take that look on his face anymore and I called out to him from a few feet away as I approached.  He finally broke his malaise and kind of blankly looked in my direction.”

Leopold grabbed for his cup of tea that was sitting on a table in the main dining room.  He took a quick look out the window and really marveled at how well everyone within the complex really had it.  He understood why people were starting to get that desperate look on their faces, but he would never be in their ranks.  The main dining room overlooked the Atlantic.  The complex itself was built right on a cliff overlooking the ocean.  It was completely self sufficient.  Technically all of Fire Island was ‘the complex’, but the living area consisted of 3 resorts that were connected with an above ground, covered tunnel system.  The Tunnel system was not really necessary anymore considering the whole of Long Island was Zombie free, but Tony decided to keep it around just in case.

Leopold looked back over at Pepper and just slowly shook his head.

“What?” She said with mild concern.

“Well I was just thinking how well we really have it here compared to what people that are holed up in their basement or in attics have it.  I guess having all of this and not having to worry about where the food is going to come from or if they will be safe at night is giving people more time to worry about things they cannot change.  Maybe the people who have to live in their basements and have to scrounge for supplies do not really have the time to consider what is left of the planet or where the planet is headed.”

Pepper said nothing and just waited for Leopold to continue.  When he seemed to be done talking Pepper asked “Well what do you think it all means?”  Leopold didn’t respond and Pepper had known him long enough to know that he was done talking.  He was deep in thought now and may have forgotten pepper was there at all.

Pepper recalled the first time she met him vividly.  Leopold was the first survivor Tony had brought back which makes him the third longest resident of Chateau a la Tony.  It also made him the closest friend of Peppers.  Leopold was close to 60 years old, but he had the outward appearance of a man in his 40’s and the wisdom of a man many years his senior.  It was about a year and a half ago.  Pepper was very surprised at how calm he had been when Tony landed with him in his arms.  At first Pepper wanted to console him and coddle him because she figured him for just a scared man, but after about a minute of that she realized she mistook his quiet and calm demeanor for fear and disbelief when in fact it was contemplative and solid.

Leopold asked why Tony had chosen gold and red.  Pepper was not sure what he meant and asked him to repeat his question.

Gold and red.  Why did he choose those colors?   It seems a suit like that is deserving of more subdued colors.  Grey and black or green and black.  Military type colors.  She recalls him asking.

They discussed it at length that night while Pepper gave him a tour of the complex and she knew immediately she had found a friend.



__________________
====
JBK
Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18 AM
========================
"Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Voodoo. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
surviver5

Avatar / Picture

Vanguard Trooper
Registered:
Posts: 397
Reply with quote  #7 
this is, to qoute a good friend, "a mothafucker" in other words, AWSOME! ive always wondered after watching or reading any superhero material what they would do in a zombie apocalypse.
caint wait for more, definitly worthy of a series
John_Brian_K

Avatar / Picture

Post-Accumulating Whore
Registered:
Posts: 2,750
Reply with quote  #8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by surviver5
this is, to qoute a good friend, "a mothafucker" in other words, AWSOME! ive always wondered after watching or reading any superhero material what they would do in a zombie apocalypse.
caint wait for more, definitly worthy of a series

Thanks for the kind words.  I am kind of winging it right now so it may end up going all over the place, but I like the idea of breaking it up from one character to another every couple pages or so.

One thing about Z's books that I really like is that you are with them long enough to care about them.  You get some back story on them THAT IMO is where a good story gets its roots from.

I think I may grab about 10 people from this little world I created and give some back story on them.  I think Jeff will be the first and I will go from there.

__________________
====
JBK
Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18 AM
========================
"Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Voodoo. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
John_Brian_K

Avatar / Picture

Post-Accumulating Whore
Registered:
Posts: 2,750
Reply with quote  #9 

Tony took a quick look to his left and right and didn’t see more of them coming and he relaxed for a moment.  He knew he could go to just about any of the noise makers he set up because no matter how many times he cleared the area there were always more to take their place.  He supposed he should head to one of those areas now, but for some reason the idea really depressed him.  He scanned the area and noticed a shopping market a few blocks down.  He decided to head down and see what he could find.

He kept scanning the area as he walked to the store.  To his left were a couple apartment complexes about 5 stories high.  Both had windows on the lower floors busted out and there was a small fire burning in the alley between buildings.  He saw no signs of life in that direction.  He turned and looked to his right to see a couple store fronts.  Starbucks, a Borders Books an ice cream store etc, a typical strip mall set up.  It looked like someone could have been in the Starbucks recently and he quickly thought of having a look, but he had his mind made up and wanted to hit the grocery store.  He was still curious as to why there were a small group of zombies milling around this area, but his need at the moment was not to find out why.  He had another motive at the moment.

A couple minutes later he came to the super market.  Every window was busted out and the place had been picked through pretty good.  He started walking through the store looking for something to drink when he came to the liquor aisle.  He knew at that moment that this aisle was the exact reason he was here.  He was drawn to this aisle just like he was drawn to all the other aisles in all the other grocery stores and all the other liquor stores throughout the area the past year or so.

Before this all started he was never one to feel shy about his love to drink.  Since this all started he feels the need to hide his drinking.  Not really from the majority of people in the complex, but mostly from Leo and Pepper.  He has come to really respect Leo and his relationship with Pepper was astoundingly unique for him and his typical relationships with women.  He respected the hell out of her and knew he loved her, but even more than that there was something there between them.  He could never really put his finger on what it was, but it was there none the less.

He took another look down the aisle and noticed he could have his pick for the most part of anything he wanted.  Most people leave the liquor alone because they have other necessities to worry about.  Sometimes he would come upon a store that was completely empty, but those were the stores that were on the outskirts of smaller towns.  The places that sold liquor in the inner city usually were ripe for the picking.

He took off his head piece and looked back over his shoulder.  The store was dim back in this area because the light only penetrated so deep and without the aid of the optics it was hard to see in the shadows.  Everything always looks darker and dimmer when he takes the head piece off.  It was similar to the effect you get when you take off a nice pair of color tinted sunglasses, but you have to amplify the feeling by about a 100.  He continued to look over his shoulder, giving a big sigh he turned back toward the aisle and walked a few feet before stopping in front of a busted out glass case that held a myriad of liquor suited to his taste.  Most of the really good stuff was gone already so he grabbed for a bottle of Jameson’s and moved to the pillar in the aisle that helped support the roof.  He put his back to it and slid down to a sitting position sending up a little plume of dust and debris from the tile that busted under his weight.  Unscrewing the top of the bottle he took his first drink of the day.

Feeling groggy and dizzy he opened his eyes slightly.  Closing his eyes again he started to sink back to oblivion.  Again his eyes opened slightly.  Blinking very slowly his attention turned to a sound coming from down the aisle.  He turned his head slowly to the left, but couldn’t see anything.  It was dark out and he vaguely recalled something about a grocery store and a Starbucks.  Was he in the Starbucks right now?  He couldn’t tell where he was because it was so damned dark.  Where was he and what was that shuffling sound?  It came back to him fairly quickly.  He was in the grocery store and he found the liquor isle of course.  He looked down and could see a couple empty bottles of Jameson’s laying next to him.  How long had he been out for?  It was dark and he knew what he could handle in terms of liquor so he had not been out a full day, but it must be about 8-9 hours after he came to the store.

 

A shuffling sound came from his left again.  It was there the whole time, but he was only aware of it now because of how close it was.  He looked to his right and on the ground next to one of the strewn bottles of Jameson’s was his head piece.  He reached for it and started to bring it to his head when the head piece hit something slowing his securing it.  With a little more purpose he finished the job of securing the head piece just as the cause of the shuffling noise became clear.  A zombie, one of the slow ones luckily, was inches from him and had tried to take a piece of his face off.  Immediately after putting the head piece on the world jumped to focus.  He could see every nook and cranny of the area he was in.  He knew what just happened or almost happened and craned his neck up and to the left.  He couldn’t see anything so he reached his hand out and pushed the zombie away.  The fucking thing was trying to eat through his head piece and had its face pressed right against it gnashing and gnawing at it.  That would have been his face if he was just 5 seconds slower getting the head piece on.

Tony still didn’t bother to get up yet.  There was nothing the zombie could do to him now that he had his head piece back on.  The zombie was a kid.  No older than 12 or 13.  This fact bothered Tony more than the fact that he almost became its lunch.  A middle-eastern boy with shorts and a torn, blood stained t-shirt with the Mets symbol in the upper left corner on.  The boy was a couple feet away and shuffling steadily towards him.  He didn’t have shoes on.  Tony always wondered why a lot of the undead didn’t have shoes on.  That always puzzled him.  Tony didn’t know why he didn’t blast the kid right away and put him out of his misery.  There was nothing else he could do.  He could not help the kid, but still he felt hesitation at doing his job.

Tony was always praised and lauded as a kid.  When he was this kids age he had awards galore and was well on his way to becoming the youngest kid to graduate College and was well on his way to being accepted to MIT.  Could this child have had a chance what could he have become?  What a cruel fucking world we now lived in.  There was no nice way to kill one of these things.  Destroying the brain was the only thing that worked.  Tony was fairly confident they didn’t really feel anything so his hesitation was needless, but again he didn’t know what to do.  The kid was right next to him now and was grabbing for his arm.  He grabbed the kid and drug him down to a sitting position next him.  He had no idea why he did that or what he was doing, but he did not feel like killing this one just yet.  Still pretty groggy from the liquor he just sat there for a few moments with his arm draped over the kid like they were old buddies sitting at a bar sharing jokes about the old days.  He started talking to the kid. 

“You know when I was your age I probably didn’t have as much fun as I should have.  I studied quite a bit and kids that were my age didn’t like me that much because I was 5-6 grades higher than they were and the older kids thought I was a freak because I was in their class.”

The zombie next to him just squirmed in his grip.  Its head was turned towards him and it was trying to chew through Tony’s suit.  Tony could hear teeth breaking and the wet sound of broken teeth tearing at the inside of the kids mouth.

“What the fuck am I doing?  Have I lost my fucking mind?”

Tony moved his arm a little higher up and a little closer to his body completely crushing the kids head like it was watermelon in a vice.  It stopped moving and Tony pushed the limp body away from him.  Still with a dejected feeling Tony didn’t know if he could get up.  He tried to think of his promise to himself, but that was not helping.  He was just in one of those moods.  Should he just fly back to the complex and call it a night?  Go about his duty?  Fuck all that.  He got up and walked a few feet to the display case and fished out another bottle of Jameson’s.  He walked a little further down the aisle until he came to another column supporting the roof about 15 feet from the one he was just sitting at with the body of a 12 year old dead middle-eastern boy laying nearby.  He listened close for any other sounds and finally removed his headpiece when he thought it was all clear.  The store was in complete darkness without the optics.  He dropped the head piece by his side and unscrewed the cap taking a long swallow.  It felt good going down.  He leaned his head back until it made contact with the beam and closed his eyes.

Did he have a death wish?  He came so close to getting his face chewed off by Hassan over there.

“Who fucking cares.”  He said out loud as he took another long shallow from the bottle.

 


__________________
====
JBK
Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18 AM
========================
"Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Voodoo. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
zombiechow

Trooper
Registered:
Posts: 119
Reply with quote  #10 
I am liking this story.......

__________________
So tell me again, which end shoots the zombies?
surviver5

Avatar / Picture

Vanguard Trooper
Registered:
Posts: 397
Reply with quote  #11 
good, survivor needs more....more.....brains?
mexican_zombie_hunter

Avatar / Picture

Jedi Swagger
Registered:
Posts: 2,633
Reply with quote  #12 
i liked it. i want to read more. its tony stark meets castle.
__________________
"What would drive a man to dress like a nocturnal animal and beat up people in parking lots is beyond me."
John_Brian_K

Avatar / Picture

Post-Accumulating Whore
Registered:
Posts: 2,750
Reply with quote  #13 

Jeff kept pacing back and forth in his room.  He was not a 100% sure why.  He just felt the need to move and he was getting annoyed at all the questions people were asking him lately.  He was holding up his end of the work, he didn’t bother anyone.  Why do they keep looking at him funny and asking all those stupid questions?

“Because they are scared of you.”

“What?”  He stopped pacing and looked around.  He was alone in the room and had been alone since his family was tore apart right in front of him.  He never had visitors and had not made any friends since he got to the compound.  It was erie just how quite the room was most days.

“I said they are scared of you!”  The voice was much louder this time.

Jeff cocked his head to the side and tried to decipher where the voice was coming from.  The room he was assigned when Tony saved him was your basic hotel resort type room.  A bathroom, a small dinette with a bed.  Basically one room with the exception of the bathroom.  Still more curious than afraid Jeff walked to the bathroom to have a peek inside. 

Nothing just like he thought.  He had heard the voice as clear as day and yet he could find no one in the room.  They did have the ability to call different rooms in the complex, but it was a normal phone system.  There was no intercom so the possibility that someone from another room said it was out of the question.

Jeff walked over to the bed and sat on the edge.  He looked left and he looked right scanning the area again for a place someone could be hiding.

“That was weird.”  Jeff said out loud to no one.

Sitting on the edge of the bed thinking about the day he watched his family eaten right in front of him was how he spent the next 10 minutes.  It was almost 3 months ago, but he had replayed it over and over in his mind.  His dreams were haunted by disjointed images and sounds from that day. 

By the time his head started hurting he had totally forgot about the voice he thought he heard.  The pain was severe and sharp.  His head felt like it was going to explode.  His eyes were burning and he felt like someone was poking red hot sewing needles through the pupils of his eyes.  He grabbed his head as if trying to keep it from actually exploding.  He had enough time to let out a small yelp of surprise from the sudden pain before he fell backwards on the bed and passed out from the pain.


__________________
====
JBK
Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18 AM
========================
"Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Voodoo. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
John_Brian_K

Avatar / Picture

Post-Accumulating Whore
Registered:
Posts: 2,750
Reply with quote  #14 

“Come on dude don’t be a pussy!”  Peter said as he made his way down the hall.

“Fuck you.  I’m not a pussy I just have some loyalty is all.  Unlike some people.” 

“What, are you allergic to fun?  Jesus Christ every time I try to get you to have a good time you cry like a little bitch.  I don’t even know why I bring you along anymore.”

“Because no one else will put up with your shit.”  Brian said as he almost tripped over his own feet following Peter on another one of his little adventures.

“No.  Because no one else in the complex is even close to our age.  Full of a bunch of old fucks.  How the fuck am I ever going to laid again?  I mean unless I want some old nasty looking cougar.”

“How can you think about sex with all the shit that is going on in the world?”  Asked Brian.

“Except for that Piper chick.  Man she is fine.”  Peter said completely ignoring Brian’s question. 

“She always looks like she is going to work.  Those hot little woman suits.  Usually they make a chick look all old and frumpy.  Not her man.  She looks good in those damn things.  I can imagine her slowly taking off her top and….”

Peters fantasy was cut short when he turned the corner and ran right into Leo.

“And what are the young masters up to at this late hour?”

Peter always thought Leo was a stiff.  I mean “young masters?”  Who the fuck talks like that anymore?

“Uhhh nothing Leo we were just goofing around.”  Brian said while Peter steadied himself after running into Leo.

Peter may have been a vagrant, but he was no dummy.  He knew that Leo had an eye on him since he got the complex.  Being a teenager with no parents around was a recipe for disaster and Peter knew that Leo knew that.  Peter kept his mouth shut and bringing Brian with him all the time was Peters way to stay out of trouble.  If he would have had to answer Leo directly he probably would have told the old coot to fuck off.  Peter knew how close Leo was to Tony and knew that he would get into some kind of trouble if he smarted off to Tony’s buddy.  There were rumors Tony kept live zombies in his lab to test and that people that were caught doing anything stupid were thrown in the room to get torn to shreds.  Rumors that of course Peter started.  None of the adults believed them, but there were a couple younger kids around who believed him and of course Brian believed him and that was all that mattered.  Peter needed to keep Brian in check so he could bully him into doing all the things he was planning.

Leo looked the kids over.  He could tell the young one, Brian, was nervous, but the older one, Peter, well he always had a look on his face that suggested that he was not afraid of anyone or anything.

“You know this part of the complex is off limits.  Now run along.”  Leo said as he continued to look the kids over.

“Uhhh yeah sure Leo sorry.  Like I said we were just goofing off.”  Brian said as he backed away from Leo getting ready to book back down the hall.

Brian and Peter had been pretty close since the two met up in the complex.  To Brian, Peter was the coolest guy around.  He swore to much  which was something that was wearing off on Brian.  Brian had been a straight A student in school and had always walked the line.  He never got in trouble and never swore, but that was before his parents died in a car crash trying to get away from the zombies.  Now he pretty much did what Peter told him to do.  Brian was 4 years younger than Peter and made him the fifth youngest person in this complex.  Hell, it made him fifth youngest person left on the planet for all he knew.  Swearing was the least of Peters character flaws.  He stole when he could get away with it, he talked about sex all the time and he was constantly trying to get away with stuff. 

His latest idea really trumped anything he has done or even thought of doing before and it may turn out to be his worst idea yet.


__________________
====
JBK
Dec 09, 2009 at 10:18 AM
========================
"Something my granddad used to tell us. You know Macumba? Voodoo. My granddad was a priest in Trinidad. He used to tell us, "When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.